CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Welcome to my Blog!

I had a wonderful childhood! It was full of gardens, canning, puppies, kittens, dolls, sewing, crafts and lots of imagination. My parents taught me the value of hard work and service. They encouraged me to be industrious, to develope my talents and put them to good use. I remember the clothes and toys my mother would lovingly make for me and my siblings. Many of which were made from old clothes or an old coat. But we never knew that. We never had much money but my mother could make our home lovely with whatever she had to work with.

My mother could work mirales. She taught us all to sew, embroider and crochet and bravely turned me and my sisters loose with the sewing machine and the scrap bag. We spent countless hours cutting and sewing our own creations. We made all our own clothes through junior high and high school. And yes, we actually wore them to school.

These skills have turned out to be such a blesssing in my life. As it turned out life has thrown us a few curve balls in our pursuits for family, education and career. But we have felt better equipped and ready to take on any challenge that comes our way. In fact...I have found it quite rewarding when I've made something from nothing.

And so with that said....I hope to share my thoughts, ideas and enthusiasm for thriftiness, sewing and handiwork with you. Hopefully you will find it as fulflling as I have.

No comments:

Think spring!

Think spring!
Amazing!